• Slideshow Widget

    A Bowl of Chocolate

    Thursday, March 22, 2012


    Every morning should begin with a rich, decadent bowl of hot chocolate.

    cocoa

    Thanks to the suggestion of Eldest, ours did and we've been in a cocoa haze ever since. Thank you dear girl! Goodness knows we're both going to need the caffiene to keep us up for the midnight premiere of "The Hunger Games"!

    4 Responses to “
    A Bowl of Chocolate

    Denyse Bean said...

    Hey Beth!

    First, did you make the bowl of chocolate or did you get it out somewhere?! Secondly, how was the Hunger Games? We heard that it was significantly less violent that the book. Just curious what you thought. Have a happy Saturday. p.s. I love the artwork!

    The Southern Lady said...

    Denyse, the movie stayed pretty close to the book, and when I asked Shannon what he thought, he agreed that it didn't seem too violent. As for the film itself, it was~in Madeline's words~awesome! I will happily take her a second time (though sit in the very back). As for the chocolate, we stopped at Panera for a quick bite and their hot chocolate comes in a bowl-like cup and it is terrific. Take care and have a wonderful weekend! Our best to you, John, and Lauren.

    Denyse Bean said...

    Thanks, Beth, for the info. Lauren can read books with violence, etc., but visuals (outside of her imagination) are not always her thing. But I think she wants to see this one. I thought it looked like Panera. My in-laws are here for Grandparents' Day at school and my father-in-law is a huge chocoholic. I showed him the picture and he wanted to know where he could get a bowl!

    The Southern Lady said...

    I wish I were more help in regards to the book transitioning to the film, but I didn't read the books. Sacrilege, I know. Both Madeline & Shannon did, though, and when asked what they thought, they said it was a pretty close to the book~more so than most other book to film translations. They said the violence wasn't terrible, though when seeing some of your favorite Tributes die (Rue) it makes an impact. Panera is one of our must-go-to's when my parents are in town~we love it! Your FIL would fit in with our lot really well~we're also chocoholics. Hope your weekend was wonderful!