• Slideshow Widget

    Simply Southern Saturdays

    Saturday, March 31, 2012


    My girl has gone full-California by joining a volleyball team! Next week she'll begin readying herself for the season with practices, drills, and arm conditioning. Eldest is very excited about this sporty new venture, and her Daddy & I could not be happier for her!

    But before the season can begin, parents must attend a mandatory meeting. As our daughters are friends and teammates, I'm with one of my neighbors, and we've already figured out what the gist of this morning's meeting is about.

    They're trying to recruit extra coaches, and while I have a little experience on the court, I'm much more comfortable spiking a cocktail than a volleyball. Trust me when I say my involvement is best served on the side-lines as Eldest's loudest cheerleader (and end of season party thrower!)

    With spring in swing, I know my children aren't the only ones participating in an outdoor sport. What will you and your children be doing these next few weekends? I'd love to hear all about it.

    Happy Saturday, all!

    2 Responses to “
    Simply Southern Saturdays

    Ruth said...

    I can't wait to hear how the season goes.

    Beth said...

    So you won't be re-naming the blog "Coach's Corner"? Ha!