• Slideshow Widget

    Golden Birthday Gift: A Young Lady's Stationery

    Thursday, April 5, 2012

    If there's one thing we Southern girls love, it's good stationery. Actually, I'm pretty sure most of us love good stationery. Monogrammed, personalized, stamped~chances are you have some tucked away in a desk drawer. And if you were brought up like I was, you'll always have some on hand.

    My mother was, and still is, a consumate letter writer. Our tastes in stationery always differed, but we always agreed that a good letter could always improve a person's day. There was something very comforting about the scratch of her pen against paper. As she was in all things, my mother was diligent about teaching me the different ways to show others how important they were to you. Taking the time to compose a letter was just one way to do so.

    Though I'll readily admit to dropping the ball now & again, I grew to love writing letters, and once becoming a parent, tried to impart the same with my daughter. Sometimes she needed a little prodding, but as she got older she found that the prettier the paper, the more inclined she was to sit down and put pen to paper.

    Much like my mother and I, Eldest enjoys beautiful stationery. It makes me very happy to be able to gift her with these sweet thank you cards for her birthday this year. I know she'll have many reasons to put them to good use!

    DSC_8637

    The note cards fit Eldest's requirements for most things she loves: not too girly, simple, and fun. The touches of gold make them seem almost meant to be. I know she'll love them!

    Come back for more Golden Birthday surprises~those still to come, and those already given. Happy Friday all!

    An addendum: Thank you to everyone who took a moment yesterday to offer prayer for my cousin and her family. They are so blessed to have your extra prayers lifting them up!

    3 Responses to “
    Golden Birthday Gift: A Young Lady's Stationery

    Ally Garner said...

    Oh those are so cute! I love the pink & green turtle :)

    Beth said...

    Yes, I do love stationary, myself. Certainly something I picked up from my mother. A hand-written note (thank you or otherwise) cannot be out done.

    I have monogrammed, store-bought even hand painted. Love it all!

    I have found some great deals on Expressionary.com for cute stationary. Before Christmas I found a heck of deal (Less than $5 for huge pack of personalized stationary, yes I told you it was deal!) and I bought several for gifts for Libby's friends.

    I type all of this to say that your daughter should love the cute cards! You're certainly passing the interest down to the next generation. :)

    Cecily said...

    Hi there,

    I've been on the hunt for this stationery. I had a few sets but I believe I may have used them all after graduating from the University of Maryland. Would you mind helping me by telling me who they are printed by?