• Slideshow Widget

    Simply Southern Saturdays

    Saturday, June 30, 2012



    Tomorrow our sweet girl is leaving on a jet plane. Her destination: New Orleans...for two whole weeks!

    She'll be with my parents and boy do they have some plans for their time together! But before she arrives, even before she leaves our nest, there are a few things we need to do.

    Like a fabulous new haircut!

    madelines

    Gosh, I'm amazed by how a few snips can completely change the way a person looks. To me, Eldest looks years older with her shorter new do. Thank goodness it's only an illusion.

    Friends, we're off to enjoy what my husband has dubbed "Madeline Day" with some bookstore fun and dinner at Maggiano's. There's fun to be had before we say our farewells.

    Y'all will send me some hugs over the next 14 days won't you? I'm going to be pretty darn weepy.

    Have a wonderful Saturday everyone! It's time to rejoin my family and grab some hugs and kisses.

    An addendum: if any of y'all are ever in the Westlake Village/Oak Park area, please stop in at Beau Image to get your spa and salon needs met. Wally, the owner, did such a wonderful job on my daughter's hair that I'm happy to sing his praises and encourage you all to go!

    4 Responses to “
    Simply Southern Saturdays

    Heather from MI said...

    Wow she looks great! Have a great trip!

    Your Southern Peach said...

    She is so gorgeous and I now she'll be spoiled rotten in NOLA :)

    Ruth said...

    She looks great! I hope she has fun in NOLA. What am I saying of course she will with your parents

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Thank you gals! I love Madeline's new do as well, but more importantly, so does she! She's a low-maintenance girl, which makes this perfect for her. Apologies for being a terrible friend and blogger lately, it's been very busy around here. I hope to drop by and leave a little note to
    each of you very soon!