• Slideshow Widget

    How to Decorate your Coffee Table

    Tuesday, August 28, 2012

    Some of you know the story of how I happened upon our coffee table. It was a serendipitous find at our local Salvation Army and an incredible steal.

    coffeetablelove1

    Hello gorgeous!

    The top still needs to be refinished, and since I've decided to not tackle this particular DIY because of the deatil involved we're hunting for the right person for the job. In the meantime I've been searching for the best way to decorate the top.

    I have many odds and ends on hand, but sometimes my creativity comes up short and I need to look elsewhere for help. Natrually, the Southern bible, Southern Living Magazine, held the answers to all my questions.

    If you're facing the same dilema, follow these four steps for a flawless and always stylish tabletop.

    The Formula

    coffeetablesouthernliving

    Something Tall
    Hurricane vases or candlesticks are great because when you light candles, they add sparkle and make everything festive.

    One Oddball Object
    Choose something that’s sculptural and quirky to express your personality. Some ideas: a piece of coral, a glass orb, or a small ginger jar.

    Something Fresh
    A nice pot of ivy, a fern, or some fresh-cut flowers add life and easy-to-change color to the room.

    A Stack of Books
    Use a few large, pretty art books to make a stack, and top it off with something decorative.

    With these four rules in hand I set to work. And you know what? I'm pretty happy with how our coffee table turned out!

    EDITED: Y'all, I seriously don't know why every time this post is published the end never shows up. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm just grateful that the title showed up this time! Please be patient, I'm working on it!

    2 Responses to “
    How to Decorate your Coffee Table

    Denyse said...

    Beth, post a picture of your decorated table. I want to see what you did. On another note, my thoughts and prayers are with your family and everyone in New Orleans for the next couple of days.

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Denyse, you are so sweet. Thank you so much for your kind words. We're a little anxious for our family and friends back home, but considering they're all hunkering down with wine and Isaac parties, we're not too, too worried. Their a spirited bunch!

    And I'm so sorry the end picture didn't show. for some reason, every time I've tried to publish this post over the last two months the end and title never appeared. I'm working on it and may just have to do a separate one for the finished table top.

    Big hugs and kisses to you all from us! We hope Lauren enjoys 7th grade!