• Slideshow Widget

    Happy First Day of School!

    Monday, September 10, 2012

    As of today, both children are in school five days a week. My little one began his 4-K class this morning and he was incredibly excited!

    school

    He was so ready to begin the new school year he was awake at 6 AM. Lord be! I was awake already, but wasn't expecting to find him in our second living room playing with his trains. We managed to pass the time, and before either of us knew it, we were at Kolbe's Korner!

    school2

    What a difference a year makes! Friends, there is no longer a shy bone in my scallywag's body. He ran to the head of the school, hugged her, and began helping her set up the playground. He talked with everyone, played with his friends, and continued to run to one of his teacher's classrooms trying to see if it was time to go in.

    school1

    Eventually it was time to go in, and I was grateful for the Welcome Wagon Meet & Greet after drop-off. Not only did my son run into his classroom to give a quick hug to his new teacher and tell her good morning, but he had no problem with me leaving. In fact, he may have told me to leave. How quickly they grow.

    school4

    I cannot tell you what a relief it is to see him settling in so well. My heart feels lighter and my spirits are high! It doesn't hurt that the little guy finished his day with as much joy as when he started.

    school3

    Happy first day of school sweet boy! We love you and are so proud. We cannot wait to see how much you grow in heart, body, and mind this year.

    One Response to “
    Happy First Day of School!

    Ruth said...

    I am so excited for my eldest nephew