• Slideshow Widget

    New School Year, New Organizer

    Thursday, September 6, 2012

    Much as I love my phone, I don't use half of the applications~even the calendar feature. I'm a write it down kind of girl and probably always will be. It has a little to do with my memorization skills. Writing things down always helps to reinforce names, dates, appointments, social events. But I also enjoy the solidity of carrying a planner.

    They can be cumbersome, and yes, the notion of writing in day planners is becoming dated, but if it's what floats your boat, why not? For me, the new school year always begins with a new planner. The prettier, the better. And this year I have my eyes on a Simplified Planner from Emily Ley.

    simplifiedplanner

    I have to thank Elizabeth from Lovely Little Parties for the point in her direction. Emily Ley's philosophy behind her brand goes straight to my heart, because I completely agree with it. At the end of the day, it's all about simplicity and making your life a little sweeter. In her own words: "Let's simplify life so that we can take care of our need-tos and focus on our want-tos. Let's ditch that standard of perfection and embrace a simpler, more family-focused lifestyle. Let's focus on what really matters. And let's have a little more fun!"

    It makes me want to stand up and cheer! I agree with Emily's positive outlook, and hope to make my own life a little more orgaznied with this tan linen planner from her collection.

    simplifiedplanner1

    It's so pretty, as are her other items. She's gone beyond the planners and branched into iPhone covers, day plates, downloads, and what she originally began with, stationery. There are more products as well, but I'll let you venture over to her site so you can have a peek of your very own!

    How do you try to simplify your life?

    All images courtesy of emilyley.com

    One Response to “
    New School Year, New Organizer

    Elizabeth said...

    I'm so glad you discovered Emily. She is so amazing!!!! Such an incredible person and inspiration to me!