• Slideshow Widget

    The Scallywag's 4-K Orientation

    Friday, September 7, 2012

    Hello? Is this my awesome new school year?

    FIRST3

    This mother believes it is! Do you see that smile?

    This year is gong to be amazing for my little guy. I can feel it in my heart. It doesn't hurt that this is his second year in pre-school, but the fact that he's been begging to return to Kolbe's Korner since August 1st tells me he's ready.

    Yesterday was the scallywag's 4-K orientation. He met his new teachers, he caught up with old friends, and sat down to play with a few new children as well.

    FIRST

    It was a crazy hour! There are so many new 4 year old's in the program the classrooms seemed to be bursting at the seams. But that's what happens when parents, sibblings, teachers, and children try to fit into each classroom. Can you guess who wanted to be the first one in his room?

    FIRST5

    Well, friends, he was, and he greeted his new teacher with happy jumps and a cheerful good morning. There was an hour of inside play and meet-and-greets. Then our teacher sat everyone down for a story. Afterwards, the children were allowed to head back outside and they played until they were worn out.

    FIRST6

    The parents may have been worn out as well. It was nice, though. Seeing some of my friends, watching my little boy play with his...There was comfort in the familiarity. The return to a more solid schedule is also welcome. I'm not sure about the rest of y'all out there, but by the time August rolls around, we are ready for some structure.

    As of Monday both of my children will return to school five days a week, and I am going to readjust to my own new schedule. But as long as my little ones are happy, we'll settle back in fine and dandy!

    FIRST4

    Happy weekend all and HOTTY TODDY! Don't forget to leave your name, email, and reason for loving football season if you want a chance to win Southern Living's SEC Tailgaiting Cookbook. Giveaway ends at midnight tonight!

    One Response to “
    The Scallywag's 4-K Orientation

    Ruth said...

    The pic of him on the slide his hair reminds me of Maddy when she was a baby