• Slideshow Widget

    A Fabric Riddle...

    Monday, October 15, 2012

    What's yellow, blue, and white all over?

    board

    Eldest's new bulletin board!

    Her last one was pretty small and covered in no time at all. That, plus the large wall space above her dresser meant we needed a smart, stylish solution. We took some time to consider our options and in the end~and with a little work~voila!

    board2

    Eldest loves it and with the addition of some new lamps and a few of her favorite things, her dresser is shaping up quite nicely! We still have to place the large brass tacks along the border, but it's pretty much done. I do think we need to put a little something on the lampshades though. Don't you? It's a bit too much cream.

    board1

    I'm thinking some yellow piping or some colorful fringe.

    Happy Monday all! I'll see you back here tomorrow with some haunting reads!

    8 Responses to “
    A Fabric Riddle...

    Heather said...

    So how did the track meet go?

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Good morning Heather!

    Eldest and her school did really well! There were a couple of hundred students at Mt. SAC~6th-8th graders~and each race was broken down by grade and gender. 7th grade girls ran at 3:00 PM and as a group came in 15th place. For most of them it was their first cross country running experience, and it was a very good one. Eldest is excited for next year. I'm going to go into it more in a blog post this week. I'm just waiting for the rest of the pictures to come in from the other parents able to attend. They were kind enough to share them with us! enjoy your week.

    Your Southern Peach said...

    I love that fabric!!! What a fun girls room and a nice retreat as she gets older :)

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Thanks so much Amy! Though I don't know the name it's made by Waverly. We're trying to focus on quality, classic pieces that Madeline will be able to use for years to come. And by the way, I loved your glamping posts last week! They were wonderful.

    Enjoy your week!

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    Ruth said...

    It looks wonderful. I know she is excited.

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Ruth, you're right! Madeline loves her new board and is planning on covering it in pictures she takes in Catalina. By the by...Just *wait* until you see what I did to her lamps!

    Royar said...

    Love love love! My mum and I are looking to do the same sort of thing - did you just use a regular board for the backing/support? xx

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Good morning Royar!

    For that size board, 3x4, I had to get a little creative. I used a canvas, stapled rolled corkboard on top, then the fabric on top of that. It took a little more time, but the end result was so worth it! I hope you and your mum enjoy this project together.

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth