• Slideshow Widget

    Flickering

    Tuesday, October 9, 2012

    Most of the time my daughter looks like a 12 year old, maybe younger. She dresses nicely, not too into trends or fashion, but always appropriate. Some days, though...Some days she doesn't look 12.

    7th1a

    She'll do something a little different with her hair, walk a little taller, give her best Mona Lisa smile. They're little things, but they make her look not 12.

    7th5

    She's almost a teenager so this is expected. It's even okay. But these little flickering glimpses of the young woman she's becoming make my pulse flutter. Time is marching by so quickly.

    7th2

    Of course, right after older Eldest flits by, 12 year old Eldest quickly re-emerges, soothing my heart by reminding my that she is, in fact, still a child and will be for a while longer.

    7th3

    She's a great girl: a wonderful student, a thoughtful friend, an involved member of her community. She's also a loving daughter, a devoted sister, and the silliest, happy girl I know. We could not have been more blessed.

    7th

    I adore my sweet daughter. It's been an emotional year, but it's all coming from a place of love and joy. Joy that she brings us daily, and a love that gets stronger as she gets older. These are things that never flicker, but burn more brightly with every passing day.

    For Eldest, the best is yet to come. I can only wait with excitement to see what that best will be.

    4 Responses to “
    Flickering

    Ally Garner said...

    Aww, what a sweet post. We're expecting our first blessing this March and I'm looking forward to perusing so many of your posts for great advice ;)

    As always, blessings to the Quans!

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Ally!! My goodness what wonderful news~I am so happy for you and your husband. Many happy wishes and blessings on this new journey for you both. You'll be a wonderful mother, and your little one will be so blessed to have you to guide them on their way.

    Warmest wishes,

    Elizabeth

    Ruth said...

    You totally forgot the world's best niece. I can't believe in a few short months there will be a teenager among us

    Anonymous said...

    I never make comments but I truly loved your sweet words. I am blessed to have a lovely 7 year old daughter who like many kids these days wants to grow up in a hurry. A post like yours really drives home that no matter what she will always be my little girl!