• Slideshow Widget

    Is This the "It" Dress of the Season?

    Friday, October 5, 2012

    Every now and then an outfit or article of clothing will be on the mainstream radar. Not too long ago it was the Minnie pant from J. Crew. Before that, it was the Frye boot. Before that, it was H & M's poncho. This Fall, the affordable "It" item seems to be this very on point leopard print dress by Merona for Target.

    leopard

    Two things you can count on right off the bat: affordability and comfort. Light-weight, cut to flatter pretty much every body-type, and in a classic print, it's pretty clear why the blogosphere is all a-buzz over this garment!

    Usually you're advised that the best way to sport the animal print trend is in small doses. Too much can make you look like Cruella de Ville's long lost cousin. Display it with a clutch, a belt, a shoe. But when you take an a-line dress and apply this particular print...it works. And having seen and purchased this dress, I can say that it's one worth having in your closet.

    Pair it with a black kitten heel and some pearls, a black cardigan with flats, or roll up the sleeves and wear some nude wedges. No matter how you choose to wear it, this dress will take you down a stylish path this fall.

    6 Responses to “
    Is This the "It" Dress of the Season?

    Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

    Apparently, I'm seeing it on everyone's blog!

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    I know! I thought I was the only one who had seen it in stores, then suddenly it was EVERYWHERE. Get thee to your Target and at least try it on. It really is very cute.

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    Beth said...

    So cute! I may have to make a trip to Target. (As if I really need an excuse to go there!)

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Beth, I know exactly what you mean! When do we need an excuse? Well, here's a great one. I hope you have lovely weekend!

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    Ruth said...

    I take it you went back and bought it.

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Oh yes I did! I'm not sure I like the belt, but the dress itself is a winner! Love you sweetie.