• Slideshow Widget

    Welcome October!

    Monday, October 1, 2012

    As the season of tricks and treats begins, here is a little Halloween "treat" from me to you!

    In need of a quick, mess-free way to decorate your pumpkins this year? Try monogramming them with nailheads, glitter, or if you're feeling silly, googley eyes. It's easy for both children and adults!

    pumpkin

    Our last Halloween in Charlotte was filled with many spooky and fun-filled moments. But one of the sweetest was creating this thumb-tacked pumpkin monogram with my daughter. She came up with the idea and I wondered out loud, "How is no one else doing this?"

    Now I know it's everywhere, but back then it felt revolutionary. It's still one of my favorite things to do each October, and looking back on it fondly, I know it was the beginning of a new tradition my daughter enjoys as well.

    Happy October, all! What are you doing to ring in this new month?