• Slideshow Widget

    The Hot Chocolate Bar

    Tuesday, November 27, 2012

    Much as I love a good bar set up, the holidays mean our home is filled with just as many children as adults. We could fix up a lovely cocktail area, but after seeing picture after picture of these decadent and much more family friendly bars, I'm convinced one of these will make an appearance at least once before the new year!

    Friends, let's take a closer look at the hot chocolate bar.

    hocho5

    hocho8

    hocho7
    .via.

    Goodness do these look scrumptious! I love the warmth of the woods and greenery along with the crispness of the white mugs. But if I were making my own, in my wildest dreams I'd want something fasntastical and sugary sweet. I'd make my hot chocolate bar worthy of the Sugar Plum Fairy herself!

    collage7

    collage6
    .via.

    The formula always seems to be the same: an artful carafe, mugs, beautiful napkins, jars for sweets such as marshmallows, peppermint sticks, and other treats. Of course, you can't forget bowls for whipped cream and syrups for drizzling. But the most important, by far, is the hot chocolate itself. Use what you love so you're certain to enjoy it as well. If you're looking for something rich and delicious, though, you can't go wrong with this one!

    hocho13
    .via.

    All you have to do now is add friends!

    5 Responses to “
    The Hot Chocolate Bar

    KatiePerk said...

    I love the idea of a hot chocolate bar! It is so festive and I love chocolate!

    Casey Liadis said...

    Love this idea. I've also seen a lot of s'mores stations as well, which are adorable! Some may say that is too much chocolate, but not me!

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Katie,

    You're not the only one clammoring for a HC Bar. My children are insisting we host a gathering so we can feature one, and I just love the idea of being my own HC barista. I hope on some scale you, like our family, are able to enjoy one this season!

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Casey,

    The s'mores bar sounds amazing! Nothing quite goes as well with HC than more chocolate after all, right? I'm completely in agreement with you about there never being such a thing as too much chocolate. Thanks for stopping by to comment! I hope you and your Hubby are enjoying the Christmas season in Chicago!

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    Ruth said...

    Very cute ideas!!!