• Slideshow Widget

    Day Eleven: Adopting a Family

    Wednesday, December 12, 2012

    My husband really surprised me with this one! Two days ago he sent me a text asking if I would mind shopping for a family he and his team at work had adopted for the Holidays. Would I mind? Of course not! Much as I love to shop, I especially enjoy it when I'm sent on missions for his office.

    Here were the specifics of my assignment: pick up clothes for the 3 year old boy he had helped to adopt this Christmas. The little guy would need pants, shirts, a jacket, and maybe a button down and dress pants for special occasions. They'd already shopped online for his mother, and picked out toys for him as well, but they really wanted to make sure they were able to get as many clothes as they could with their funds. This is why the assignment was handed off to me~because I can do this very well.

    My son and I headed out early yesterday morning to The Children's Place and managed to get a ton of sweet clothes. We were the only ones in the store, so the lovely salesgirl carried a bag around behind us as we shopped. We chatted and told her what we were doing, and she was so enthused to be helping us out she gave us extra discounts, threw in a coupon, and helped me figure out how to best stretch my budget. When all was said and done, Husband and his team had a bunch of new clothes to give to their adopted child.

    25days27

    I love the moments when an unexpected way of helping others pops up. Not only was my son able to help out more than usual, but we managed to get another person caught up in the spirit of giving. I cannot tell you how amazing it was to see the young salesgirl light up when she realized where the clothes were going. She went above and beyond to make sure we could help the child that was adopted, and it only reinforced my belief that people really do want to help one another out. Sometimes they just don't know how until an opportunity presents itself. And when it does, they really do rise to the occasion.

    25days29

    I'll see you all tomorrow for Day 12, and since I did promise....here is the Belle of the Ball from last night's Christmas party!

    Feeling like the Belle of the ball!

    Cheers!

    25daysofchristmas1


    2 Responses to “
    Day Eleven: Adopting a Family

    Ruth said...

    That is awesome the sales girl got into it and gave extra discounts.

    Kathleen Benefield said...

    you look so pretty!