• Slideshow Widget

    Day Nine: Paying it Backwards

    Monday, December 10, 2012

    Did y'all wonder where Day Nine was yesterday? Friends, it was one of those weekends where I was glad we had nothing going on because when our youngest child became very sick, very quickly, I knew I wasn't going to be doing much else but caring for him. The other man in my life was also being pampered as yesterday was his birthday! Happy Birthday Husband!

    25days25

    Thankfully all is well this morning. The scallywag is on the road to recovery, my husband is feeling pretty happy, and Eldest is planning a Hot Chocolate gathering with her girls. All in all, it's a grand Monday!

    I'll admit that I was a little tired from the weekend and feeling a bit frazzled, but it's been an easy day today. The scallywag took a day off from school to recover, and this mama? She got to decompress with him. Granted, there may have been a serious need for a Gingerbread Latte, but we took care of it.

    All we had to do was make a quick trip to Starbucks. We were standing in line, me holding my little guy, when I saw a few other people behind me. There I was trying to get a caffiene fix to help smother the fatigue of the weekend, and for all I knew, the people after me could be in a similar situation. When inspiration calls, friends, it's usually best to answer.

    25days23

    Hoping to make a few people's Mondays a little merrier and bright, I paid for the next three people behind us. They were all smiles as they passed, looking at us a little uncertainly as they asked,"Are you the person I should be thanking?" After nodding, the next question each one asked was why. Ok. I wasn't expecting this one, but I was so glad to answer. It really made my day to be able to pass along the mission of our 25 Days of Christmas.

    They were amazed by our project and touched to be included in it. Seeing their reactions, that really did something for my lingering tiredness. It just...went away. I guess moments of serendipity can have that affect on you!

    A happy, happy Monday to you all! What will you do today to make it merry and bright?

    25daysofchristmas1

    Don't forget to enter the Construct Jewelry giveaway! Leave a comment for one entry, and like the Construct Jewelry page on Facebook for one more. You could win these beauties if you do!

    earrings

    The winner will be announced Thursday morning.