• Slideshow Widget

    Day Seven: Giving to Charity

    Friday, December 7, 2012

    It's said that like many things, charity begins in the home. It's where we teach & learn, how or how not to be compassionate individuals. On the surface, it seems a pretty simple thing to do. When it comes to actual charities, though, I think people are intimidated by the idea of donating monetarily. Perhaps they assume that to donate means you have give a lot. Don't beat yourself up about this if you've thought this because I used to assume the same thing. The fact is most of the time, a little goes a very long way.

    25days20

    With envelopes from various charities flooding our mailbox these days, I decided to open a few and see what we could do to help. I was amazed to learn that for most of these national foundations even something as small as $10 can make a huge difference for someone in need. With this in mind, I put the envelopes aside and asked the children to choose a charity for Christmas.

    Today we mailed their donations to their chosen charities, and though we won't directly know who benefits, we know that somewhere somone will. There's a whole lot of world in our backyard, and sometimes you have step out there and do what you can to make it a little better.

    How will you give today?

    25daysofchristmas1


    2 Responses to “
    Day Seven: Giving to Charity

    Ruth said...

    A reminder I need to put my donations in the mail.

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    It's such a simple way to give, don't you agree? I don't know why we never did before...