• Slideshow Widget

    Day Ten: Donating Books to Our Local Library

    Tuesday, December 11, 2012

    Our family loves to read. I mean LOVES TO READ. It's a great passion that I'm thankful my children share, and in this digital age, it's also a great relief to know how much they prefer paper to plastic.

    25days31

    The Kindle is wonderful on trips; it's ideal, really, don't misunderstand. But the texture of a page as you turn it, the weight of a book in your hand, even the smell (tell me I'm not the only one who enjoys the smell of books)~there's nothing quite like it. It's comforting.

    To us, reading is a gift. The joy of reading even moreso. It makes perfect sense, then, that we'd choose todays project. Today my son and I dropped off several bags of gently used books to our local library.

    25days32

    They were for all ages~a little something for everyone~so no one will miss out.

    Maybe you know this, maybe you don't, but your libraries are always happy to accept your books. Always. For people who can't afford the luxuries of a Kindle or Nook or even spend money on a simple paperback, it's a gift to them to donate the ones you no longer need. This is a quick way to give annonymously and to so many. I highly suggest if you have tons of books, go through them and pick a few out to bring to your local library.

    25daysofchristmas1


    2 Responses to “
    Day Ten: Donating Books to Our Local Library

    the southern hostess said...

    Such a great idea! I'm loving this series!

    Ruth said...

    That truly is wonderful idea. And in a blink of an eye that little guy will be big enough to actually read the big books.