• Slideshow Widget

    Just the Thing!

    Sunday, January 27, 2013

    Good morning, friends! I know y'all must be sick to death of my Mardi Gras madness, but really, I haven't been on much lately, and we're having fun celebrating it in L.A., so here's one or two last pictures...for now.

    mardigrasbox

    My parents sent the children a lovely box of Mardi Gras goodies and I cannot tell you how thrilled they were! There were masks, jesters, funny hats, beads, decorative items~it was fabulous. Bit by bit we've been putting things around the house, but one of the children has also been sporting some darling and very festive Mardi Gras wear!

    mardigrasbox2

    Last month one of my high school friends was singing the praises of an embroidery company called "Just the Thing!". No longer living in the South makes finding a person who embroiders pretty tricky, so when I hear glowing reccomendations, I always check them out. Friends, I am going to pass along my own rave review since this was a definite find!

    Not only did the owner, Cathleen, personally respond to each email of mine as we were customizing my son's shirts, but she sent mock-ups so I could see the progress. Being the gracious woman that she is, she also beautifully wrapped them, writing not only a note to me, but to my son as well. Oh, and did I mention it's very affordable?

    "Just the Thing!" not only monograms and embroiders t-shirts, they do a little bit of everything. Hats, koozies, headbands, bloomers~you think of it, she can embroider it! I was so happy with my little guy's Mardi Gras shirt I also ordered one for Valentine's Day. I think you'll agree they came out wonderfully.

    justthethingshop

    justthethingshop1

    I'm a paranoid parent, so I no longer put my children's names on their things, but a monogram of their initials? In the words of Reese Witherspoon: if it's standing still, I'll monogram it.

    I know y'all may have need of these sort of things for baby/wedding showers, your children, teachers gifts, or graduates, so please, do yourself a favor and hop on over to Cathleen's site.

    You'll be so glad you did!

    One Response to “
    Just the Thing!

    Ruth said...

    Those shirts are so cute.