• Slideshow Widget

    Paring Down 2013: The Wardrobes

    Monday, January 7, 2013

    One of the great things that living in Japan taught us was how to live with less. We had a small high-rise apartment and simplicity was key. We didn't buy frivolously; shopping was done with great care and thought. It was wonderful living a clutter-free, excess-less life.

    Of course, returning to the States meant dealing with everything from storage and an inundation of the "more is better" culture. We're still living in a relatively small space (1905 square feet), but now there is clutter here, clutter there...Our orgaznizational mindset is to do as we did in Japan, but we are surrounded by all of this stuff.

    It's time to pare down, friends.

    It won't always be easy, it won't always be pretty, but after a year and a half it has to be done. So here is where it starts: with the clothes closets. It's a small step, but may be one of the more difficult. This wonderful list on how to pare down from Mimi+Meg is going to be my guide. Be sure to check out this darling blog for even more great ideas, then go to Meg's new blog and prepare to be blown away!

    organization

    These are very sensible tips, and will definitely help me edit our wardrobes. I especially love the parts that mention giving to others! I don't think it will always be easy because there isn't any piece in the closet that I don't love, but it's time.

    Be sure to look for blog sales in the upcoming days and if you follow me on Instagram, you'll see them there as well. Have a good week everyone!

    2 Responses to “
    Paring Down 2013: The Wardrobes

    Kathleen Benefield said...

    I just did this too. I had a fashion friend come in with complete veto power and let her tell me what needed to go. It was great!

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    So glad to hear that you did this! I bet it was so nice to have someone else with the veto power. I may have to have one of my girlfriends come over and do that for me as well! Hope y'all are doing well in Hong Kong!

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth