• Slideshow Widget

    HAPPY MARDI GRAS!!

    Tuesday, February 12, 2013

    To paraphrase one of my former high school teachers, Mr. LaFrance: "If you can't walk out your front door and into a parade, you're living in the wrong city." Can I get an Amen and a HAPPY MARDI GRAS???

    mardigrasstreetulaneedu
    image

    It feels as if we're light year's away from New Orleans today, but we're still celebrating! From enjoying our traditional Mardi Gras pancake supper to dressing for the day, we are enjoying the festivities in our own way.

    mask

    The Meters are playing, my babes are wearing their beads, and we have King Cake to devour at days end. And when it does, when my little sugar-fed children are fast asleep, I am going to fix these!

    mardigrashurricanerollingoutcom
    image

    Y'all know what these are, right? Hurricane's. I haven't had one in years, but tonight calls for it~no, demands it. I'm looking forward to going home and sipping the real thing on the patio at Pat O's, but until then, this will do in a pinch!

    mardigrasbeadchandelier
    image

    And if you're looking for a chic way to do something with your excess buckets of Mardi Gras beads (because I know you have them), I can't imagine anything more lovely than this chandelier! I'm toying with doing this myself. It's a little time consuming, but looks worth it. Dollar Store Crafts has the complete tutorial if you're interested!

    Friends, I remember when Mardi Gras fell on my 18th birthday. It was so cool! The entire population was buzzing in celebration and that's what made that year~and every other one~so much fun: the frivolity and revelry. More than anything we wish we could be there today. Even with the rain, nothing will dampen the spirits of the Parade goers.

    Family and friends, have a marvelous Mardi Gras! Be safe, be wild, and laissez les bon temps rouler!

    5 Responses to “
    HAPPY MARDI GRAS!!

    Ruth said...

    Such a sweet post to your hometown. And makes me sad I am not there this year too.

    Roux In A Wok said...

    I will miss it too. So hard not to be there!

    Anonymous said...

    Thank you for the good writeup. It in reality used to be a enjoyment account it.
    Glance advanced to far delivered agreeable
    from you! However, how could we keep up a correspondence?


    my web-site ... check our their site

    Gramspearls said...

    Elizabeth,

    I hope all is well....you havem't posted or emailed for a while. I will say a prayer, just in case.

    Warmly, Kathleen

    Elizabeth P said...

    I've had a hurricane at Pat O's...wish I had one right now! :)