• Slideshow Widget

    SoCal Living

    Tuesday, February 5, 2013

    The South is my home; my heart will always be there. That said, there are some cool things about living in our part of Southern California. We're ten minutes from the beaches, the schools are some of the best in the nation, there are plenty of fabulous restaraunts, and we have the friendliest neighbors. Ever. In some respects it kind of reminds me of home. Bear in mind, we don't live in L.A.. We're about thirty minutes West and in a pretty conservative area.

    What makes living in SoCal most amazing~and what I consider the prime selling point~is the weather. There are a few rough spots when it gets hot during the summer, but overall you won't find more perfect weather year round. As a girl who grew up suffering through long bouts of southern humidity, mosquitoes, and killer allergies, it's been a welcome change.

    It makes it possible to spend almost every day of year like this...

    park

    and enjoy every minute.

    California is just another stop on our journey, and we know it's not our forever home. I'm holding out for a return to the South. But until our next move, wherever it may take us, we're going to soak up this fabulous weather and all the other lovely aspects of being here.

    Cheers, y'all!

    2 Responses to “
    SoCal Living

    ESB said...

    Oh my goodness- I know your pain! We lived in Phoenix for three years, and while it is absolutely beautiful, close to many cool places and is host to lots of entertainment, it is NOT the South! Every time I read one of your posts about missing home, I feel the ache I used to feel! We are back in Louisiana now and enjoy it so much, but I'd be lying if I said there weren't days where we really missed sunny AZ. Oh well-What can you do?!

    Ruth said...

    I can't wait for the day y'all come back south. And hopefully in driving distance. Until then I will enjoy visiting wherever y'all are when I can.