• Slideshow Widget

    A Slice of Our Life

    Wednesday, April 17, 2013

    Hello friends, I hope you're doing well. I've been absent lately as my mother was in town and...my darling daughter turned 13! Oh, my heart. I can still hardly believe it.

    madsbirthday5

    I've been fending off questions as to why I didnt post anything about such a momentous event, or my mother's visit, and my answer is a pretty simple one: I just didn't want to miss a moment. Every time I sat down to write something, someone in the other room would laugh, or games would be played, and where was I? Away and separated from the people I love most.

    madsbirthday2

    I don't blog for a living; everything documented here is done for fun. I love sharing with you all, I do, but as I looked at my now 13 year old asleep on the night of her birthday, it really sank in how time is no longer creeping by. It's racing.

    madsbirthday6

    So if you're looking, you'll find me here. Perhaps not with as much frequency, but always with the same care and love that I've always given this little slice of my family's life.

    Come back this Friday and I'll also serve you up a slice of something guaranteed to make you think of tropical islands and the loveliest days of summer: my daughter's homemade triple-layer coconut cake. It's simple and best of all, delicious.

    I hope you see you then!

    One Response to “
    A Slice of Our Life

    Heather, MI said...

    Happy Birthday Maddie!