• Slideshow Widget

    Simply Southern Saturdays: SEC Football

    Saturday, August 31, 2013

    SEC

    I love this design by Fried Pink Tomato, don't you? It's just perfect!

    So...Much as I've been singing the praises of our Ole Miss Rebels~well deserved praises might I add~this weekend isn't only about the boys from the Harvard of the South. This week (and weekend) is all about the first SEC football games. The SEC is a much-hyped conference, because goodness does it get a lot of attention. We have amazing teams and fans.

    My hopes are that everybody's team has a great weekend. I hope the fans are in great spirits, that no matter the outcome, a good game has been played and enjoyed. Most of all, I hope we all remember that these games are just that: games. It's done for fun, entertainment, and school pride. Healthy competition is fine and good. But let's honor our wonderful schools by being the best versions of ourselves, and leaving all the other stuff behind.

    Have a great weekend, y'all! HOTTY TODDY!

    4 Responses to “
    Simply Southern Saturdays: SEC Football

    Kathleen Benefield said...

    Hotty Toddy!

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Kathleen!

    How are you, doll? I've been thinking of you and your precious family. When are the twins due? I cannot wait to see their precious faces (though probably not as much as you!). Take care and give everyone our best.

    Kathleen Benefield said...

    Thanks for your thoughts! Nov. 8th is the absolute latest it will be, so thinking Halloweenish!

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Kathleen,

    Wonderful news! We're thinking of you all. I can't wait to see those first pictures.