• Slideshow Widget

    A Touch of Fall

    Wednesday, September 4, 2013

    September is here, y'all! I know the early arrival of the Pumpkin Spice Latte already has many of us in a tizzy over the beginning of Fall. In our home we're starting to welcome it with open arms. I know, I know~it's early. Summer is still in full swing. And I've heard many a remark about how it's too hot where they are to even think about the cooler days ahead. But here's my wishful line of thinking...Perhaps if we all put a little something out, such as a pumpkin or a burlap wreath, maybe Mother Nature will get the hint and arrive a little early.

    We can hope, right?

    fall5

    We're doing our part by adding small touches around the house. From the front porch to the mantle, it's just enough a nod to the season ahead without being completely crazy. Crazy will come later.

    For now, enjoy our little vignettes, and feel free to join in to do your part in beckoning Fall.

    fall4

    fall1

    fall2

    I'll leave you with my favorite part of seasonal decorating: the mantle. Though it's clearly in need of a little sprucing (what is happening with that curtain rod?) and maybe a change in art (Audubon please?), there's something very cozy about our stone fireplace. When the garlands are added, it becomes even more inviting. Is it any wonder people rush to the chairs by the fireside when they come over?

    By the way, I had so many people ask about the "magnolia" garland on the mantle last year that I want to give you all a heads-up before they sell out again. I found them at Michael's, and by the time I had discovered them there were only two left. Thankfully, they're very long and very full.

    fall3

    Friends, I am off to do my morning routine. And after I drop off the children, there's an entire morning of fun in store with one of my favorite girls. I hope you all have a lovely day!

    4 Responses to “
    A Touch of Fall

    Ruth said...

    Looking great as always

    Gramspearls said...

    Elizabeth,
    What a pleasant treat that you are back! I have missed your posts and enjoying your lovely family. Your shopping tips are always welcome. I was in a store the other day and they had some monagramed items with a Q...I thought of you.

    Warmly, Kathleen

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Thanks, doll! By the way, the Delta magazine showed up. What a great surprise! Thanks again for thinking of me.

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Kathleen,

    How are you old friend? It feels so good to be flexing my fingers at the computer again. Thankfully, the blog doesn't seem to hold grudges. I love sharing what I think are really interesting or pretty finds~especially if they're inexpensive~and can only hope others find them as neat as I do. You saw my monogram somewhere? No way! "Q" is such a hard one to find. Would you mind telling me where? Maybe we have a similar store out here in SoCal. Thanks again for stopping by~it's great to hear from you.

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth