• Slideshow Widget

    Five for Friday: Autumn Edition

    Friday, September 27, 2013

    Morning dolls! It's time for another weekly round up with Darci and the "Five on Friday". Comes see what's been on my mind this week!



    1. Juliska's Autumn Harvest
    5for55

    It's been said that I have a slight obsession with pumpkins. Considering this is true, I think it was only natural to assume that when Juliska came out with their Autumn Harvest plates, they were clearly meant for me *wink wink*. There are only a few pieces in the collection, which means it should be that much easier to collect them all...if I intended to collect them. I would love to. They are a beautiful shade of pumpkin with the same miniature gourd painted onto each plate. And how about the pretty ruffle along the edge? Perfection. I'll just keep an eye out and perhaps they'll find their way to my home. A girl can dream, can't she?

    2. Apples
    5for5

    My children and I love a good apple, and during Fall you can pick some of the best. Confession: we didn't pick the ones atop our dining table (I don't even think Southern California has any decent orchards), but our superstores seem to have the prettiest apples I've seen in a good while. There's a little extra color to them that makes me think they enjoy Fall as much as we do! We've been enjoying simple apple snacks this week, but I'm toying with something a little sweet for dessert this weekend. A crostada, perhaps? I'll let you know how it turns out.

    3. Camera Shy?
    5for51

    Living close to L.A., I'm often asked why my daughter doesn't go into modeling, pageants, or other aspects of the entertainment industry. We're certainly in the right town for it, but in a nutshell it's not something that interests her. She thinks acting/modeling looks fun, but it's just not for her; the whole notion makes her feel uncomfortable. Where Eldest feels most grounded is in school, with her frends, at home. She has an amazing mind, and wants to do big things with her education. Since this is the path she wants to follow, we'll support her 100%. If one day she changes her mind, we'll also support her 100%. Until then, the pictures I take will be her only close-up. She knows who she is, what she wants. And I'm okay with that.

    5for52

    5for53

    4. The Southerner's Handbook
    5for510

    How has no one else been talking about this little gem? Garden & Gun, one of my favorite magazines that celebrates all things Southern, is coming out with a book next month. It's called "The Southerner's Handbook: A Guide to Living the Good Life". Considering how G&G always get to the heart of what makes different aspects of the South so special, this handbook is a must-have for any guy or gal with an appreciation for life below the Mason-Dixon. The cover alone is beautiful, but I'm also willing to bet that between the covers lie page after page of flavorful stories, suggestions, and nods to the joys of Southern heritage. October 29th, y'all, it's just around the corner!

    5. Ole Miss vs. Alabama
    5for59

    Without a doubt, this weekend is a HUGE game for our Rebels. We're 3-0 for the first time since 1989, and there is so much hype surrounding our boys and Coach Freeze it's awesome. I don't remember the last time there was so much excitement! This weekend we'll be up against Alabama. They're a tremendous team, and while I really want our boys to win, the fact that we're going into the game undefeated thus far already makes me happy as a clam. They'll do great, I know they will. Our boys will play their hearts out until the very last minute, and we'll be cheering them along the entire way. This cool iamge from Hell Yeah Damn Right pretty much sums up how we're all feeling. Be sure to stop by their website~they have great products for all you Ole Miss Rebels! FEED MONCRIEF!!

    Happy weekending, all!

    One Response to “
    Five for Friday: Autumn Edition

    caitmdean said...

    I NEED that book just for the cover alone! Can't wait until it comes out!