• Slideshow Widget

    Prayers & Christmas Happenings

    Monday, December 23, 2013

    Good afternoon friends. At this moment I'm sitting in a chair in Eldest's room, typing as she sleeps. As some of you already know she underwent a very intensive oral surgery this morning. Wisdom teeth, some of which were sideways and impacted, were removed. Thankfully she's resting and until she wakes to tell me what she needs, I'll be keeping vigil. Can y'all say a prayer with me that her recovery goes smoothly and with little to no discomfort? I'd appreciate it.

    c20138

    Moving along to something a little more uplifitng, come and see how we've been Christmasing with our family these past few days. Merry merry, y'all!

    c2013

    These two have been so excited to spend time with my parents. Mimi and Didi were here only a few weeks ago for Thanksgiving, and wouldn't it have made sense for them to stay? I think so! We're really glad they're back, though. Even getting ready for church is more fun.

    c20131

    It is a tradition from my childhood that my mother fixes her red beans & rice on Christmas Eve. The smells that come from the kitchen as she begins to brown the sausage and sautee the garlic with onions and parsley are amazing. Hers is a phenomenal recipe, and when you're a New Orleanian, it's a dish you must have down to a science. Seeing that Eldest was undergoing wisdom teeth removal the day before, however, she asked to have the red beans a few days early so she could enjoy it. Nobody could argue with that request!

    c20132

    Our Sunday donut tradition has fallen by the wayside recently. Yesterday we brought it back! The scallywag is a big fan of sprinkles (and why wouldn't he be?) and these festive holiday sprinkles made our return to donut Sundays all the more sweet.

    c20135

    The Christmas Boat Parade is a tradition we love and anticipate every year. The Regatta Club begins at the local high school, travels through the area, and always comes down our street near the end. It's wonderful since all we have to do is grab our shoes and coats and walk out the front door. Five minutes later we're back inside, cozying up with one another and some hot buttered rums.

    c20137

    My mother is an amazing artist. I'm always curious to see what she's turned her interest to, and as she loves to share, I'd like to introduce you to her latest work. She's currently asking for a name for this picture, and while the rest of us are trying to think of something befitting this lovely woman, my son has decided to call the painting, "Steve". Go figure.

    c201310

    Another Christmas tradition is preparing chocolate chip cookies for Santa. This year my little guy was all over it~and Mimi's chocolate chip cookie dough. I can't say I blame him. They are that good. The end result is always decadent, though this year we're quieting our praise as Eldest can't eat any quite yet. Boo.

    I know I'm over looking other things: class parties, gingerbread men, Christmas cards and the like. But you know, the most memorable, and special moments, are those spent with my family. It's some of the reasons I love this time of year so much and enjoy sharing them with you.

    A very early Merry Christmas Eve to you all!

    3 Responses to “
    Prayers & Christmas Happenings

    Ruth said...

    I love the new look of the blog.
    I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. And my niece is better.

    Heather said...

    I hope eldest is doing well. May your family have a blessed 2014!

    Heather said...

    I hope eldest is doing well. May your family have a blessed 2014!