• Slideshow Widget

    Endings & Beginnings

    Monday, January 6, 2014

    This morning officially marks two things: the end of Christmas break and the beginning of Mardi Gras season. We're doing our best to be prepared for both, though one is definitely much easier to enjoy than the other.

    I try to make the transition back a little easier by making sure my family has a delicious meal the evening before and the morning of. Last night we ate meatloaf with cream cheese mashed potatoes. Full tummies and earlier bedtimes made waking up this morning for waffles and fruit a little easier.

    back2school3

    Just a bit. The return to school means early mornings and a more hectic pace. You can't control everything, but when we're home I do what I can to help things run as smoothly as possible. It creates a less stressful atmosphere, and with a 5 & 13 year old, who needs any added on? Meals are planned ahead of time, which helps, and keeping things pretty light helps as well. But bringing touches of home through our Mardi Gras decorations is definately the ultimate in creating a fun, festive atmosphere!

    1

    I'll share a little more as I get organized, until then, I'm off to run errands before picking up the children at their respective schools. Happy first Monday of the New Year to you all, and as we say back home in New Orleans: Laissez les bon temps rouler!

    2 Responses to “
    Endings & Beginnings

    Ruth said...

    I love the new background.
    And thanks for giving me a craving for King Cake.

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Thank you! It's actually the entire blog, but is being installed in bits and pieces. I'll have more info on the blog very soon once it's complete. And as for spreading the Mardi Gras cheer, I am always happy to encourage others to enjoy a sweet taste of this time of year. Love you!