• Slideshow Widget

    My Birthday Cake

    Tuesday, February 18, 2014

    birthday

    One of the best things about having a brithday during the Mardi Gras season is that you really do grow up believing that everyone is celebrating your big day with you. Every day feels like a party, King Cake is always in abundance, and if you're lucky, you may get to celebrate one of your milestone birthdays on Fat Tuesday itself. My very last Mardi Gras while living at home happened to fall on my 18th birthday. Needless to say spirits had never been higher! This may be the reason why I tend to draw out the celebrating.

    My parents always keep this in mind as every year on my birthday they send a King Cake from Haydel's. It's a little taste of home no matter where we may be, and though probably all in my mind, I swear each bite tastes better than the last. Sliding some beads over your head, popping on a little Meter's, enjoying a slice of sweet Carnival perfection...there is nothing better. And there is no better cake to share with your friends and family than a birthday King Cake.

    The good times, they are a-rollin'.

    2 Responses to “
    My Birthday Cake

    Heather said...

    Happy Birthday Beth!

    Heather said...

    Happy Birthday Beth!