• Slideshow Widget

    A Touch of Spring

    Thursday, April 3, 2014

    easterdecor6

    Springtime is here! Much as we enjoy the cooler days and the comforts they bring, there is something to be said about these perpetual days of sunshine and beauty. Before living in southern California, I'm hard pressed to remember any other place with such amazing weather. The rain falls while you sleep, the days are crisp and bright, the skies are the most gorgeous shade of blue, and thanks to the rain, the grass is the lushest green. Is it any wonder the days are longer? Everyone wants to be outdoors enjoying nature's bounty.

    Springtime makes everything feel fresh and renewed. On a personal note, it really motivates me to simplify; purging the uncessary, and cleaning house and home. The windows are open most of the day, which always perks us up, and foods and spirits are lighter. It's not just our imigination. Spring really does revitalize every part of us.

    It also brings my favorite palate into play when decorating: green and cream. I don't think there are any other colors as versatile or as pretty (but that's just my humble opinion).

    We'll be celebrating Easter elsewhere this year so I've kept our decorating to a bare minimum. Our front door wreath is simple: green berry sprays and cream hydrangeas. Inside the children's "Easter bunny" is donning a new ribbon in grosgrain to compliment the white hyacinth and hydrangea arrangement.

    springwreath

    easterdecor1

    easterdecor7

    easterdecor2

    easterdecor4

    easterdecor3

    springwreath1

    I'm going to be honest: bare bones decorating is my cup of tea. More focus is on my family and enjoying our days together. Christmas is our decorating bonanza, and I do love it, but smaller, simpler touches for the rest of the year keep us focused on the meaning behind our celebrations. I like pretty as much as the next person, but really, who has the time to do it all? Holidays will come and go, but this time with family, my children in particular, is precious and fleeting. I don't want to miss a moment.

    Do you have any tips to quick, simple decorating?

    3 Responses to “
    A Touch of Spring

    Ruth said...

    Beautiful as always

    Fairhope Supply Co. said...

    The wreath is fabulous, and I agree, simple is better. Although I'm also wildly attracted to glitter!

    The Pink Giraffe said...

    Simply gorgeous!!! Less is more, I totally agree. That wicker bunny is fabulous.