• Slideshow Widget

    Getting Silly

    Thursday, May 8, 2014

    silly

    With the news that the three trees in our backyard are dead and must be removed, I am very upset. I don't know what our gardeners are going to do to remedy the situaion or how it can possibly look as beautiful as it does now, but they've asked me to trust them. I'm trying. I am really trying. To put the inevitable from my mind, I've been looking at the pictures I took a few days ago.

    silly7

    We talk about letting children be children, and I think the older they get the more important it becomes. Because let's be honest: when your children are young they're expected to play. This isn't necessarily the case as they get older. It's more about schedules, structure, studying~and everything that falls inbetween. All are certainly important, but at 14, my daughter is still very much a child. I think it's important that she and her brother have moments of sheer silliness. On Tuesday we took advantage of the gorgeous weather (and the fact that we had 14 cans of silly string) and spent the afternoon chasing one another. We laughed, we sprayed, we hammed it up for the camera. It was an hour of awesome fun that left us happy and light-hearted. I hope these pictures leave you feeling the same way.

    silly8

    silly9

    silly4

    silly5

    silly6

    silly1

    silly2

    silly11

    silly3

    3 Responses to “
    Getting Silly

    Your Southern Peach said...

    We LOVE silly string too. The boys have a ball inviting their cousins over for a duel in the backyard. So much fun!

    Elizabeth Quon said...

    Good morning Amy!

    We think it's super fun as well. We can buy a whole case from the Dollar Store for less than $10 and keep them on reserve-just in case. Isn't it one of the easiest, most enjoyable ways to play? I'm so glad your sweet boys and their cousins enjoy being silly as much as we do! A very happy Mother's Day to you friend.

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth

    Ruth said...

    I love that they had so much fun. And that you got in there too.
    XO