• Slideshow Widget

    Happy Fall, Y'all!

    Tuesday, September 23, 2014

    fall3

    Happy Fall everyone! With last week's heatwave, SoCal residents worried we were in for a nasty beginning for the Fall season. Summer had been mild compared to the past few years, so the sudden spike in temperatures left some of us less than inspired when it came to decorating. And when I say some of us, I mean me.

    fall1

    Our wreath and mantle trim had been up since September 1st, but as it grew warmer, it was hard to get motivated to do much more. Thankfully, after several days of unbearable heat, the temperatures resturned to normal. Cool mornings and evenings, warm afternoons~this was more like it!

    fall

    The children and I began getting in the spirit and started by sprucing up what we already had out. We retouched the decoration on our front door, Madeline added candles to the mantle, our Spode Delamere plates have been pulled out, and pumpkins appeared on bookshelves. It was enough to get this ball rolling.

    fall4

    I have a special Fall scone recipe I can't wait to share with you this week, and as many of us are already in a pumpkin-y mood, I'm pretty sure you'll love it. It's prefect for breakfast or a snack, and delicious with your morning cup of coffee.

    fall2

    Happy first day of Fall, everyone. Enjoy the gorgeous days ahead!