• Slideshow Widget

    Star of the Week

    Monday, October 13, 2014

    star2

    One of the things I love about the early years in elementary school years are the little things they do to let the children shine. Star of the Week is such an occasion. For one week, one child gets to share the things they love and enjoy with their class. It's a great way for the children to learn more about one another, and it encourages them to focus and appreciate what makes them special. I think adults need one of these, don't you?

    star

    Today marks day one of Jackson's week to shine. Over the weekend we went through years of photos and picked out his favorites so we could assemble his poster. Believe me when I say it was a real labor of love. He was so excited~overly at times~that I had to ask him to reign it in so we could get it done. This morning couldn't come quickly enough, but when it did, he raced us to his classroom at school so we could turn his poster over to his teacher. As we did, I noticed for the first time that most of his pictures had Madeline in it. My heart couldn't have been happier. Because if it wasn't clear enough already, his picture choices left little doubt as to how much he loves his big sister.

    star1

    He also enjoys looking at family photos. I've never seen a child so enamoured with them. As summer drew to a close, I compiled an assortment of pictures and made a beautiful photo book at Mpix. Jackson wanted it to be the first thing he shared with his classmates during his week as the Star, and I'm glad he did. It holds many special memories and I'm glad he can appreciate that. I'll go more into it later, but I will say this now: if you ever want to preserve an event or year with your family and friends, Mpix is the way to go.

    star3

    Friends, I hope you're all enjoying the start of the new week. So far Monday is looking up, and with my little boy enjoying his moment to shine at school, I expect the rest of the week will be just as good. Take care, and don't forget to take a moment to appreciate what makes you shine as well!

    One Response to “
    Star of the Week

    Ruth said...

    I am so excited for him. I love all of the pictures.